6th April - water survey day at Knepp

Penny

Hello All,

Do you fancy volunteering at Knepp for the day on Wednesday 6th April to help do some water quality test surveys across the estate?

It’s in line with a Clean Water Survey that the Freshwater Habitat Trust is running, with the hope that we can use the results from Knepp as a baseline for future surveys here and also provide information to a national survey. Learn more here: http://freshwaterhabitats.org.uk/projects/clean-water/take-part/ .

We will meet at the Cow Barn (directions and map attached) at 10.00am where we will go through the methodology and you will be given your water test kits, and map showing the water bodies that you have been allocated.

We’ll all meet up again later on in the day and share what we’ve found – and I will then send the data off to the Freshwater Habitat Trust. Then of course, in true Knepp tradition, you will be rewarded for your efforts with some tea and cake!

Let me know if you’d like to join in, and don’t worry - you don’t need to know anything about water quality testing! If there has been a significant amount of rainfall prior to the survey we may postpone as this will skew the results.

If you are interested please let me know your mobile number as well. If you have a friend you’d like to bring then the more the merrier – ideally I’d like people to be in pairs from a safety point of view.

You’ll need to bring wellies and a packed lunch/drink with you.

Thanks and best wishes, Penny

Penny Green

Ecologist

Knepp Estate
New Barn Farm
Swallows Lane
Dial Post
West Sussex
RH13 8NN
07739 083650
01403 741235

twitter  fb  blogger  trip ad1  instagram

cid:image013.png@01D10C01.BEAA56B0

pfl-cert-mark-720x200SAO PEA Logo

NOTICE:  This email is intended for the named recipient only.  It may contain privileged and confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and destroy this email.  You must not copy, distribute or take action in reliance upon it.

Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard emails, Knepp Castle Estate cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.  Knepp Castle Estate reserves the right to monitor all email communications through its internal and external networks.

Knepp Safaris Map and Directions.pdf (567K) Download Attachment

Re: 6th April - water survey day at Knepp

CHRISTOPHER DREWERY
Hi Penny

Interested in the water quality day.  Have a doctor's appointment same day.  Would it be ok to turn up at 10:30 rather than cancel appointment? Doctor's appontments are a bit hard to come by these days.

All the best

Chris Drewery

On Thursday, 24 March 2016, 9:25, Penny <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes no problem at all Chris – would be lovely to see you. I will make sure I haven’t headed off by the time you get there even if I have got everyone else off on their surveys.

See you then and many thanks, Pen