Announcement | The Adastra email discussion group is closing on 21 December

Announcement | The Adastra email discussion group is closing on 21 December

ClareBlencowe

Dear subscribers,

Please be advised that this ‘Adastra’ email discussion group will be closing on Thursday 21 December. After this date it will no longer be possible to send messages to this group.

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre (SxBRC) is in the process of migrating our website and email lists to a new web server. This is part of programme of work aimed at improving our website and ensuring we meet modern standards for data security. Having looked at our options, we have concluded that it is not feasible to retain this email discussion group in its current form. It is therefore our intention to decommission it at the end of this year.

This Adastra email discussion group was launched in 2006 and the world has moved on significantly since then. More and more people are using Facebook and Twitter to access information on the topics that interest them, and engage in debate. However, we’re conscious that ‘social media’ isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. We have therefore put together a short survey to gather views from you – subscribers to the ‘Adastra’ email discussion group – to see what you think about this group and other ways of sharing information on Sussex wildlife and biological recording.

If you’d like to have your say, please respond to our survey here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/SxBRC/TheAdastraDiscussionGroup

This information will help us design how we manage communications in future.

Sussex is lucky to have such an active biological recording community which SxBRC is always keen to support. We see enabling communication and networking as an important part of SxBRC’s role, so this is the start of a conversation about how we can best do that, in 2018 and beyond. We hope to be able to give you an update on our plans at the Sussex Biological Recorders’ Seminar on 17 February (booking should be opening very soon).

Please note that we will still maintain an ‘announcements’ email list in some form so SxBRC will still send you information about ‘Adastra’ – the Sussex Biological Recorders’ Seminar, unless you choose to unsubscribe.

Hope this makes sense. If you have any questions feel free to contact me direct at [hidden email].

Best wishes,

Clare

Clare Blencowe
BRC Manager

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630