Bryophytes and Flies in 2018

Blencowe, Michael

Dear Adastrans,

To follow on from Lois’s Adastra 2018 seminar invite you may be interested in two upcoming identification courses being run by Sussex Wildlife Trust  in early 2018 at Woods Mill.

In February Adastra speaker Graeme Lyons will be running his Common Woodland Bryophytes course (Friday 16th February - the day before Adastra).

Join Graeme for the day to learn all about mosses and liverworts both in the field and in the classroom. Book online now at:

https://sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/whats-on/2018-02-16-common-woodland-bryophytes-16022018

I for one am looking forward to Erica McAlister’s talk on ‘The Secret Life of Flies’ which will no doubt enthuse plenty of people to learn more about the weird and wonderful world of hoverflies, houseflies, fruit flies, soldierflies, bee-flies, craneflies and more.

In anticipation of droves of potential dipterans thirsty for more fly-facts we’ll be running An Introduction to Flies on Saturday March 3rd.

The course will be run by entomologist and educator Martin Harvey.  Book online at:

https://sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/whats-on/2018-03-03-an-introduction-to-flies-03032018

Sussex Wildlife Trust will be running a further 58 identification courses in 2018.

I’ll email you with the full list when booking for these courses is open in mid-January.

Until then, wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a wild New Year.

Michael

Michael Blencowe

People & Wildlife Officer

Sussex Wildlife Trust

 www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630

Re: Bryophytes and Flies in 2018

Daniel

Hi Michael,

It is absolutely a matter of life and death that I attend the bryophytes course on the 16th Feb :o)…

Only problem is that I cannot get authorisation for the course until Monday (11th Decemebr). Is it possible to put my name on it and I get payment sent Monday? If not possible then so be it.

I realise that this may be being broadcast to the whole group…who now know that I am a desperate individual. Chuckle….

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Colborne

Ranger

Crowborough Town Council

01892 652907

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630

Re: Bryophytes and Flies in 2018

dawn nelson
Dear Michael,

I have lost the email and info on the February seminar. Could you send it to me please as I would like to attend?

Kind regards
Dawn Nelson