New online map for The Living Coast [Brighton & the Lewes Downs]

New online map for The Living Coast [Brighton & the Lewes Downs]

ClareBlencowe

Dear Adastrans,

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre, working with Biosphere programme, has recently developed a new online map for ‘The Living Coast’ Biosphere region around Brighton and the Lewes Downs. You can read about the project on The Living Coast website, here: http://thelivingcoast.org.uk/news/inspiration-at-your-fingertips

Funded by a grant from Brighton & Hove’s Environmental Sustainability Fund, the map brings together a range of environmental datasets and local information, including:

·         Designated sites on land, including SSSIs, NNRs, LNRs and Local Wildlife Sites (formerly known as SNCIs)

·         Designated sites in the marine environment, including Marine Conservation Zones and Local Marine Sites (formerly known as marine SNCIs)

·         Marine and terrestrial habitats

·         Urban greenspaces

·         Access Land

·         Public Rights of Way

·         Local Greenspace Groups

The map also shows a selection of the best places to visit, to get a flavour of what The Living Coast has to offer, as described on The Living Coast website, here: http://www.thelivingcoast.org.uk/explore/best-places-to-visit. But no doubt local Adastrans will already have their own favourite spots!

You can get straight to the map by clicking on this link: http://www.thelivingcoast.org.uk/explore. There’s a black icon in the bottom left hand corner of the map, with arrows pointing out at each corner. If you click on this it should open the map ‘full screen’, and make it easier to navigate. Pressing the escape key [‘Esc’] should take you back to your browser.

This is the first time that SxBRC has developed a public information tool like this – designed to make environmental information more accessible to local people – so we’d really appreciate your feedback. If you’ve got any comments on the content or functionality of the map, then please send them through to [hidden email]. We’ve tested it on a range of different browsers and devices. If you think the map isn’t working as you’d expect on your device, it would be really helpful if you can tell us what device you’re using, and what browser.

We really hope you’ll find this tool useful; and we’d love to hear what you’re using it for.

With best wishes,

Clare

Clare Blencowe
BRC Manager

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630

New online map for The Living Coast [Brighton & the Lewes Downs]

Williams, Garf

Hi Clare

This looks great! Would you or a colleague be interested in presenting this at our next partnership meeting? It would be good to have this on the partnership website as well if that’s ok with you

Let me know

Cheers Garth

Gareth Williams MCIEEM, CEcol, BSc (Hons) | Catchment Co-ordinator/Environment Programme | Solent and South Downs Area | Adur and Ouse and Arun and Western streams | Environment Planning and Engagement

Environment Agency | Guildbourne House | Chatsworth Road | Worthing | West Sussex | BN11 1LD

Tel: 02030257074 (internal: 57074) Mobile: 07766133660

[hidden email]

     http://www.adurandousecatchment.org.uk/                               http://arunwesternstreams.org.uk/

[...]

This message has been scanned and no issues were discovered.
Click here to report this email as spam

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation.  Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.
Click here to report this email as spam