Re: Henfield Common breaches of NERC act biodiversity duty

Re: Henfield Common breaches of NERC act biodiversity duty

vivien.hodge

Hi Dave

Tim Wilkins in the Mycologist/Lichenologist for Natural England. I cannot imagine he would have condoned the destructive activities at Henfield Common. He is interested in and concerned about waxcap-grassland conservation and certainly should be made aware of the problem. This is his email address.

[hidden email]

However, for a more formal complaint I suggest James Seymour, Area Manager Sussex and Kent. (I had a reply from him via Jeremy Quinn MP when I voiced my concerns about NE’s role in the Foraging Partnership). I only have postal details for him:

James Seymour, Area Manager – Sussex and Kent

C/o Mail Hub

Natural England

County Hall

Spetchley Road

Worcester

WR5 2NP

Any waxcaps within the parts of the grassland that have been treated with herbicide are highly likely to die out; the chances of recovery within the foreseeable future is remote. Received wisdom is that it takes waxcap grassland at least 30 years to recover from ‘improvement’, if ever.

Best wishes

Vivien