Small mammal droppings

howard_matcham
Adastrans,

Can any of you identify the distinctive small mammal droppings please? As you can see I now have them in moist chamber cultivation hoping for fimicolous fungi to appear.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Howard Matcham

e-mail: [hidden email]

Small mammal droppings 006.JPG (594K) Download Attachment
Small mammal droppings 007.JPG (280K) Download Attachment

Re: Small mammal droppings

Patrick Roper

They look like pheasant droppings as illustrated in the Hamlyn Guide to Animal Tracks, Trails & Signs.  The text says “Pheasant droppings have a well-developed white cap of urine at one end, are about 2cm long and 0.4- 0.5cm in diameter.”

Patrick Roper

Re: Small mammal droppings

howard_matcham
Very many thanks Patrick. Twelve pheasants were at the edge of the arable field where I collected the droppings this morning!

Howard

Howard Matcham FLS
E-mail:  [hidden email]