The Butterflies of Sussex | Pre-publication offer

The Butterflies of Sussex | Pre-publication offer

ClareBlencowe

Hello Adastrans,

Thought I’d better let you know there are just a few days left to pre-order your copy of ‘The Butterflies of Sussex’! You can get it here: http://www.naturebureau.co.uk/bookshop/the-butterflies-of-sussex-detail for just £20 + P&P.

The book, produced by Butterfly Conservation – Sussex Branch, describes our current understanding of the status and distribution of Sussex’s butterflies, based on five years of survey data collected by volunteer recorders. It also includes a ‘where to watch’ guide to the best places to see the butterflies for yourself – inspiration for those sunny days ahead!

The authors, Neil Hulme and Michael Blencowe, have produced an immensely readable book* which will be enjoyed by any butterfly lover, from beginner to expert – illustrated throughout with beautiful photographs of Sussex butterflies. Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre has also been closely involved with the project and our own Bob Foreman has produced a series of elegant distribution maps and phenology charts to accompany the species accounts.

The publication team had so much great content for this book, the page count has been upped to 352 pages. The published price will now be £29.50 so you’ll save £9.50 if you order before 1st April.

Already got your order in? Why not order another copy for a wildlife lover you know?!

Here’s wishing you a fantastic season’s wildlife recording. Can’t be long until Orange-tips are on the wing again now…

Clare

*I’m not just saying this because I’m married to one of the authors. I’ve read a proof copy and it’s fantastic.

Clare Blencowe
BRC Manager

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630